Innovative to the core, there are many aspects that make the Khakhra Pizza appealing to kids, and satisfying to moms too. Instead of a plain flour base, this pizza uses nutritious whole wheat khakhra. As the base is thin and crispy, it also requires much less cheese than a traditional pizza. While fresh veggies like cabbage and capsicum add crunch to the topping, exotic tomato salsa brings in a flavourful punch. What’s more, the Khakhra Pizza is also temptingly colourful, so no kid can say no to it!
For The Topping
2 tsp butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 cup finely chopped capsicum
1/4 cup shredded cabbage
1 recipe tomato salsa , recipe below
salt to taste
To Be Mixed Into A Tomato Salsa (for The Topping)
1/2 cup deseeded and finely chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions whites
1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1/2 tsp green chilli paste
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
1/2 tsp dried oregano
For The Garnish
2 tbsp grated processed cheese
2 tbsp chopped spring onion greens
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, capsicum and cabbage and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minute or till they turn translucent.
- Add the tomato salsa and salt mix well and cook for on a medium flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the topping into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Just before serving, place a khakhra on a serving plate, spread 1 portion of the topping over it and garnish it with 1 tbsp of and 1 tbsp of cheese and spring onion greens.
- Repeat step 4 to make 1 more khakhra pizza.
- Serve immediately.